At a glance
Start of operation:
Laverton, Western Australia, Australia
Generating capacity:42.6 MW
About the Sunrise Dam Power Station
During the long partnership with our customer, EDL has consistently implemented ways to improve efficiency and lower the cost of power. Since commissioning in 1996, this has included:
• adding 3MW of diesel generation in 1999
• adding 13MW of diesel generation in 2002
• adding 3MW of diesel generation in 2005
• incorporating 8MW of gas generation in 2008, replacing some diesel generation
• expanding by 8MW of gas generation in 2018.
The project has proven a record of reliable power generation, with 99.9% availability exceeding client expectations.